Thursday, December 25, 2008

DARKNESS

After my very disturbing dream, it left me dazed. Even the day after, I was just walking around my apartment, wondering why it even happened. It seemed too real for it to be just a dream. But I guess it was. Just a dream.


I love looking out from my window, and on this particular night, there was a full moon. I was alone, and it was just me and the heavens above. I had wanted my dream to reocurr, like wanting your man to come back home to you, but it was more like a phantom, and I needed to deal with this. So I gazed out, and in my aloneness, I came to gripps of what I was, and all the secrets I had hidden within me. And my dream.


The darkness surrounded me, and it was total solidarity. I loved it. Anyone could be walking in now for all I knew, but I would continue in the darkness, and not let anyone disrupt it. The light from my bedroom window cast a blue haze on my unmade bed.





....Just as these thoughts passed through my mind, a man came in, unannounced, saying my name. I turned around, and I could hardly see him. After all, it was dark, and the twilight of the night was captivating. I too said hello, then turned around again, hoping he would leave. I was just about to ask him so, when that haunting voice reminded me of someone. He said softly, it's me, I'm your new neighbor above you. I just moved in. At first I didn't care what he said, so I took his announcement without great notice. Then I suddenly froze.

There wasn't an apartment above me. There weren't any apartments above me.

I looked around hoping to see him, and I knew who he was, that I would run into his arms, wanting him in my bed, wanting him to want me, when all I could see was nothing standing there.


I ran down my apartment building, hoping to see where he went to. Maybe I could see him downstairs, if only I could get there in time. No one was there, as if he had vanished into thin air.

No comments:

Post a Comment